Saturday, November 2, 2013

Visible Invisibility

I'm angry
I'm pissed
I'm mad at the fact I'm judged by people who know nothing about me
I'm judged only by what people hear or what they make themselves see
I'm unsatisfied with what and who society wants me to be
Or better yet what those who detest society want me to believe

"Wipe off that makeup, take out that weave,
That superficial mess won't make you a queen"
The hypocrisy of those want to better everyone
But change everyone
Because they won't understand everyone
Because we aren't ONE

I am different
You are different
And those who can comprehend that difference
have the real vision

Since when did foundation, mascara, and a little concealer
make someone less than a woman & not realer
than the woman natural and perm-free
but only praised when her locks don't look nappy
A hair extension won't determine if I'll go to hell,
hold my man down in jail,
graduate from Yale,
or simply how I smell.

My push up bra should not offend you
Crop tops, tight jeans, and lipstick will all continue
Sorry but this is the real me, who is the real you?

I will not tolerate bigotry, gender stratification, and forced stereotypes.

1 comment:

  1. Poetry at your best. No hatred to anyone but only love should be shown. You are beautiful inside and out.

    ReplyDelete